Join us for some exciting events!!
Here are a list of the events we have planned!
Click on the event below for more information.
Now offering In-Person Cooking Classes!
Sign up now for cooking classes! These classes are for youth to adult with or without IDD! During the class, we learn about cooking utensils, ingredients, how to combine them to make a finished product in a fun, supportive and encouraging environment!
Click here to view the dates and sign up!
D.I.S.H. Foundation Cooking Classes
Thursday July 8th
Cookies with Ganache!
Saturday July 10th
Sunday July 11th
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Ganache Sundays!
Thursday July 15th
Thursday July 29th
Cookies with Ganache!
Saturday July 31st
Fruit and Ganache!
Sunday August 1st
Cookie Crumble Brownies!
Classes are 2 hours; cost is $35 per person. Includes supplies, equipment, instruction and entertainment!
*if your child is a DDA client, you can use respite hours to pay for class!
Socialized Habilitation is a person-centered goal program to help clients accomplish various life skill goals and work toward independent living in the following categories:
- Self Empowerment: Examples include but not limited to: Building self esteem & confidence, Personal values & skills, Adjusting behavior to reach goals & handle problems).
- Safety Awareness and Self Advocacy: Examples include but not limited to: Safely navigating life online and in the community, Learning about sexuality and healthy personal relationships, Learning to say no, or asking for what is needed.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness and Effective Social Communication: Examples include but not limited to: Developing listening skills, Balancing goals with ‘wants’ and ‘shoulds’, Learning how to uphold and maintain personal values.
- Coping Strategies for Everyday Life Challenge: Examples include but not limited to: Missing the bus, Adjusting to a new caregiver, roommate or family member, Moving to a new home.
- Managing Daily Tasks and Learning New Skills: Examples include but not limited to: Ordering food in a restaurant, Shopping and paying for things, Paying bills and managing money.
In April of 2021 we visited Spencer's Place in Surprise, Arizona. Spencer’s Place is a project created in partnership with Employed and Overjoyed Foundation to introduce equal employment opportunities for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
We met with the owner, Karin York, and her amazing staff. They provided us with great information about business practices, staffing, funding, and a lot more!
THANK YOU! Karin and SPENSER'S PLACE!!